Hello everyone. Just signed up today. I work at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, where the tundra, sequoia, and sienna are built.

We currently have three toyotas in the family. A 2005 tacoma d-cab, a 2005 celica gts, and a 2003 corolla sport.

I'm glad to have found a place where I can get some advice, and maybe, be of some help to the forum.

Hello everyone. Just signed up today. I work at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, where the tundra, sequoia, and sienna are built.

We currently have three toyotas in the family. A 2005 tacoma d-cab, a 2005 celica gts, and a 2003 corolla sport.

I'm glad to have found a place where I can get some advice, and maybe, be of some help to the forum.

Welcome!!

Tell us about the plant...I've always wanted to tour one of the Toyota North America plants. I've been through a General Motors plant (dirty, disorganized, dark...you get the idea), but I've heard Toyota plants are almost a work of art compared to a domestic manufacturer.

Welcome!!

Tell us about the plant...I've always wanted to tour one of the Toyota North America plants.  I've been through a General Motors plant (dirty, disorganized, dark...you get the idea), but I've heard Toyota plants are almost a work of art compared to a domestic manufacturer.

Hi.

Work of art is a bit of a stretch. However, it is very clean and very organized. After safety, quality is the priority. A lot of companies say it, but toyota truly cares about quality and customer satisfaction. I sound like a company rep huh. But I'm just a regular team member. I work in the paint department in offline repair. Which means I repair paint defects and any damage, to the paint that may occur during production. It's a pretty cool job. I learn something new everyday. There's always a challange. It's the best job I've ever had.

If there's something specific you'd like to know, I'll try to answer. However, there are some things I can't discuss. Google "toyota production system". It will give you some idea on how they run things.

Welcome on board! I have toured a General Motors plant--the one in Doraville, GA. They were making Pontiac minivans at the time, if I recall. There is a HUGE Hollywood-type sign in the plant that constantly flashed the production goals for the day. The very day I was in the plant, a whole chassis fell off of the assembly line in the top of the plant in a place where the line made a 270 degree turn in a tight area. They spent hours trying to figure out what to do to get the chassis out of the way so as to resume production. They contemplated having 6 guys to physically pick it up-- that didn't work. They ended up cutting the just-assembled chassis into pieces with acetylene torches. The production goal sign was turned off.

Now, 6 years later, the firm I work for is currently representing a gentleman who works at the plant and was injured, and required major surgery, when a door fell off of a vehicle at the section of the production line where he was working. Why did the door come off? Apparently, the guy up the line from him forget to put the bolts in.

Detroit is is so much trouble that they cannot even see it coming. It's going to end up in a lot of job layoffs.

Welcome on board! I have toured a General Motors plant--the one in Doraville, GA. They were making Pontiac minivans at the time, if I recall. There is a HUGE Hollywood-type sign in the plant that constantly flashed the production goals for the day. The very day I was in the plant, a whole chassis fell off of the assembly line in the top of the plant in a place where the line made a 270 degree turn in a tight area. They spent hours trying to figure out what to do to get the chassis out of the way so as to resume production. They contemplated having 6 guys to physically pick it up-- that didn't work. They ended up cutting the just-assembled chassis into pieces with acetylene torches. The production goal sign was turned off.

Now, 6 years later,  the firm I work for is currently representing a gentleman who works at the plant and was injured, and required major surgery, when a door fell off of a vehicle at the section of the production line where he was working. Why did the door come off? Apparently, the guy up the line from him forget to put the bolts in.

Detroit is is so much trouble that they cannot even see it coming. It's going to end up in a lot of job layoffs.

And GM wonders why they've lost so much market share...Ford's not as bad yet, but it's not pretty. There's already no more "big 3", and it's only a matter of time before Toyota's number one.