2005 Tacoma Radio

Pushmatic

Anyone have an idea on how to remove the radio from a 2005 tacoma? I don't want to screw up the panel.

Don't hold me to this, but it seems like there's a trim piece around the radio that pops off and gives you better access to pull the stereo out.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have an idea on how to remove the radio from a 2005 tacoma? I don't want to screw up the panel.

I just had my 2005 Tacoma JBL Radio hooked up with a AIC-100i Auxiliary Input Adapter with Apple® iPod™ interface for the 2005 Toyota Tacoma JBL Sr5 Package 5 cd changer system.

http://www.vaistech.com/aic100i.html

Lake City Toyota pulled the dash for the JBL Radio and did the work and no damage was done

try emailing smarkley@toyotalakecity.icarconnect.com, kkingsley@toyotalakecity.icarconnect.com

or calling

Kathy A.K.A. "Kat" Kingsley

Internet Sales

Toyota/Scion of Lake City

206-366-3100 Store

425-444-8436 Cell

1-800-718-5748 toll free!

FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR DASH

The aic100i audio unit allowed me to change and view ON THE Tacoma JBL dash

Radio display of my ipod songs from the Steering column controls and also allow me another external input for DAT MP3 and or and other

Standard RCA jack external audio input.

THE SOUND IS FANTASTIC

Vais Technology makes the aic100i

6143 S. Willow Drive, Suite 102

Greenwood Village, CO, 80111

Phone: 720-733-2348

Fax: 720-528-7683

info@vaistech.com

• 3 weeks later...
Hey thanks.

I did a search and found a site that has pictures of every step. Check it out.

http://homepage.mac.com/ebones/PhotoAlbum13.html

Hello All,

I am very interested in installing an iPod interface in my 2005 Tacoma. Apparently, the model head unit needs to be "CD changer ready". I think that there are 3 different head units offered on the 2005 Tacoma. Mine looks just like the pictures. It does not have an in dash Cd changer (Just the single CD slot). According to my Owners manual it is "Type 1" (Page 195) and it has the following number on it A51 809. Do you think i have the same type head unit and that it will work for me?

Thanks you so much in advance for you help!

Dwayne

Hello All,

I am very interested in installing an iPod interface in my 2005 Tacoma. Apparently, the model head unit needs to be "CD changer ready". I think that there are 3 different head units offered on the 2005 Tacoma. Mine looks just like the pictures. It does not have an in dash Cd changer (Just the single CD slot). According to my Owners manual it is "Type 1" (Page 195) and it has the following number on it A51 809. Do you think i have the same type head unit and that it will work for me? 

Thanks you so much in advance for you help!

Dwayne

Call Vais Technology makes the aic100i

info@vaistech.com

I sent them all the wiring on the the Tacoma 2005

I think Toyota/Scion of Lake City

206-366-3100 Store

425-444-8436 Cell

hooked up to the CD Changer Factory cable direct

The trim panel that surrounds the stereo on many Toyotas is held on with push clips. Thepanels generally are removed by using a slim tool to pull the panel from behind straight out, releasing the panel's integreally molded pin inserts (which snap into the clips in the dashboard) from the clips. I ave found that a good tool to do this without marring the vinyl of the dash is made by taking an old thin cheap butterknife and bending the first inch of the tip of it to about a 30 degree angle by using two pairs of vice grips. Then, at least on Toyotas I have worked on, you can pry the panel straight out by working your way around the circumference.

Edited by stevelaw

Call Vais Technology makes the aic100i

info@vaistech.com

I sent them all the wiring on the the Tacoma 2005

I think Toyota/Scion of Lake City

206-366-3100 Store

425-444-8436 Cell

hooked up to the CD Changer Factory cable direct

Thanks, I called Vaistech and all he could tell me is that if my unit had the 12 pin port on the back I should be OK. problem is this for for my son's truck and I didn't want to have to take it appart to find out before ordering... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks, I called Vaistech and all he could tell me is that if my unit had the 12 pin port on the back I should be OK. problem is this for for my son's truck and I didn't want to have to take it appart to find out before ordering... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

OK, I "stole" my son's truck for an hour and removed the head unit (it was really very easy using the photos posted earlier in this thread). The back of the radio looks just like the pics - it does have a 12 pin connector - so I am planning on ordering the unit from Vais. The guy there said that I could return it within 30 days if it is imcompatable. I'll post again after I install it.

Happy Holidays

Dwayne

• 3 weeks later...

Please keep the rest of the board members as to how it turns out...and any tips you can share!

The Vais Technology Interface worked just fine on my son's "Type I" Tacoma head unit - this type has only a single CD slot with no changer. Using the info at this link...

ihttp://homepage.mac.com/ebones/PhotoAlbum13.html

It took about 15 minutes total installation time.. It Sounds and works GREAT!!!

I just used the pictures in the email train to remove the radio to get to the cd changer interface. I attached my Ipod NEO to the cd changer plug in the back of the raiod and the sound only came out of the left speaker. FYI, I had a Raycon device installed recently that is a Bluetooth interface for my cell phone. The people who installed it hooked up my right speaker to listen to the conversation from my phone. Any help wuld be appreciated.

• 1 month later...