2002 Camry XLE Radio wiring

skiingbubba

:( Hi,

I have a 2002 CAmry XLE with the JBL audio system installed. I was given an Alpine stereo which I installed last weeekend. Although the audio store did sell me a conversion wire harness it was only 12 pin. When I removed my harness it was a 28 pin. Looking for help on wire color codes for this connector. I spemt $12.00 on ebay for wiring info ( what a rip). The radio works but shorts out when I turn on my headlights. So I know its not wired correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marc

Because they have GREAT customer service. I have bought three car stereos from them. The wiring diagrams from them are always right, they know what fits in which car, and the prices are good. I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

why Steve? whats up with Crutchfield?

I looked in the Haynes manual for your 2002 Camry---this is all what they have on the wiring diagram:

backside--gray = radio fuse # 2, blue/yellow = hot at all times.

frontside--pink, front door left door speaker and tweeter

--violet, front door left door speaker and tweeter

-- light green = front door right door speaker and tweeter

-- blue = front door right door speaker and tweeter

-- black = left rear speaker

--yellow = left rear speaker

-- red = right rear speaker

-- white = right rear speaker

-- brown = ground.

Hope that helps because that's all there is. And no mention of polarity on the speaker wires. I hope you have a volemeter to figure it out.

:(  Hi,

I have a 2002 CAmry XLE with the JBL audio system installed. I was given an Alpine stereo which I installed last weeekend. Although the audio store did sell me a conversion wire harness it was only 12 pin. When I removed my harness it was a 28 pin. Looking for help on wire  color codes for this connector. I spemt $12.00 on ebay for wiring info ( what a rip). The radio works but shorts out when I turn on my headlights. So I know its not wired correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marc

I looked in the Haynes manual for your 2002 Camry---this is all what they have on the wiring diagram:

backside--gray = radio fuse # 2, blue/yellow = hot at all times.

frontside--pink, front door left door speaker and tweeter

--violet, front door left door speaker and tweeter

-- light green = front door right door speaker and tweeter

-- blue = front door right door speaker and tweeter

-- black = left rear speaker

--yellow = left rear speaker

-- red = right rear speaker

-- white = right rear speaker

-- brown = ground.

Hope that helps because that's all there is. And no mention of polarity on the speaker wires. I hope you have a volemeter to figure it out.

Steve,

Thanks very much. This is a great help. I appreciate you spending the time.

Marc.

BTW ,

The radio harness was not bought form Crutchfield.

Sure, no problem. But do remember to check the polarity of the speakers to ensure that they are not out of phase.

Steve,

Thanks very much. This is a great help. I appreciate you spending the time.

Marc.

BTW ,

The radio harness was not bought form Crutchfield.

The diagram that I have for your Camry is the same as his Camry. So the colors are the same as I see them.

While questioning a witness on cross examination, never ask a question you don't already know the answer to, but..........are you SURE it's the JBL system? what does the head unit look like? Someone else asked me this some time back and it turned out that they didn't know the just-turned-off-lease Camry they bought had an aftermarket head unit in it. And it didn't have a brand name on it so they didn't know it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, keep in mind that for a JBL system that there is different wiring because a JBL would need to run by the stock amplifier hidden behind the glovebox. If you were to install an aftermarket HU, you would need to take out 2 plugs in the back, which is designed as Toyota understanding your need to swap out the HU (ain't that nice?).

Anyway, take the 2 plugs out, plug it into the wiring harness, then crimp the wiring to the HU's wiring, wrap it with electrical tape, plug in the antenna, cover the ends of the smaller plug (the larger one is the antenna's, don't forget to plug that into the HU) and you're done.

• 3 years later...
Yeah, keep in mind that for a JBL system that there is different wiring because a JBL would need to run by the stock amplifier hidden behind the glovebox. If you were to install an aftermarket HU, you would need to take out 2 plugs in the back, which is designed as Toyota understanding your need to swap out the HU (ain't that nice?).

Anyway, take the 2 plugs out, plug it into the wiring harness, then crimp the wiring to the HU's wiring, wrap it with electrical tape, plug in the antenna, cover the ends of the smaller plug (the larger one is the antenna's, don't forget to plug that into the HU) and you're done.

Hey!!! WHAT!!!

Nefarious_SLE how can I tell if my Camry XLE/Levinson Nav amp is blown? My system rear speakers are low and bass too high also I get horrible static as if all speakers are blown then walla!! cristal clear!! what gives!! w/80K the dealer said I need new unit! I said why? he said dont know? What gives?

Hey!!! WHAT!!!

Nefarious_SLE how can I tell if my Camry XLE/Levinson Nav amp is blown? My system rear speakers are low and bass too high also I get horrible static as if all speakers are blown then walla!! cristal clear!! what gives!! w/80K the dealer said I need new unit! I said why? he said dont know? What gives?

Anyone else have an idea. It an '05XLE Dealer thinks rear speakers are blown. Im not so confident.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive checked the rear speaker wires and speakers and they are good. Plan is to start behind the head unit. I have fiqured out that restarting the car temporarily fixes it for a while. From blown to crystal clear everytime!!! Would a loose wire do that?

Ive checked the rear speaker wires and speakers and they are good. Plan is to start behind the head unit. I have fiqured out that restarting the car temporarily fixes it for a while. From blown to crystal clear everytime!!! Would a loose wire do that?

Do you mean when restarting when the car is already warm?

• 2 weeks later...