05 Tacoma

racinkid13

Interested in a snorkle kit for an 05 Taco  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in a snorkle kit for an 05 Taco

• Yes I do own an 05 Taco and am interested.
    • Yes I do own an 05 Taco but not interested.
    • I dont own a Taco.
    • Whats a Taco?

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 2001 Tacoma Double Cab with an STS Turbo Charger. I bought the snorkel Kit but did not use it as I did not want to cut a hole in the bed of my truck nor did I think that installing it in the wheel well was any better than the original air intake position under the truck. Instead I installed a simple shield that works very well under normal circumstances. However if you take your truck in the river then you would require the snorkel kit, special door sealers, and some engine modification to keep the engine from drowning out from the water.

yeah, if you have a gas powered truck - then a snorkel wont help in deep water...

If you want to go driving up rivers, you need a diesel powered truck - with a snorkel, they can wade engine deep in water (diesel doesnt require a spark to ignite the fuel)

yeah, if you have a gas powered truck - then a snorkel wont help in deep water...

If you want to go driving up rivers, you need a diesel powered truck - with a snorkel, they can wade engine deep in water (diesel doesnt require a spark to ignite the fuel)

Either way, it sounds like fun. Reading these posts makes me want to give up my sport car habit and go get a truck!!

what you want leigh - is a Bowler Wildcat...

Its basically A Land Rover Defender turned into a paris-dakar rally car...

Not only can 'it go anywhere', but it can do it at over 100mph!!!

bowler.jpg

Ooooh.....I love it!! Where can I get one?? I'm moving to Las Vegas next week, and it would be perfect!!

• 1 year later...
Ooooh.....I love it!! Where can I get one?? I'm moving to Las Vegas next week, and it would be perfect!!

Three miles from where I live in in a place called Belper, Derbyshire thats in England, Great Britain. We also have a Toyota factory in Derby. 10 miles from my town of Ripley, Derbyshire, UK. Bowlers are "Awsome", but I support the Frenchman, John Louis Schlesser in the Dakar rally been watching for over ten years and he is "The Best", small team big results!