Brakes

streetz661

I just recently bought new brakes pads for my corolla at first there were fine but recently they make the noise wich sounds like i need new ones. I dont hear the noise all the time. What can it be? I really hate that noise it's one of the things that annoys me the most so if anyone can help me I would appreciate it thanks.

what kinda noise is it?  grinding?  what kinda pads are they? ful metalic?

I presume the brakes still work ok..the parts are correct...the calipers are free and guides are good and lubricated...

and if the brake noise is squeaking squealing type of noise it maybe solved by putting some silicone brake lub (or anti-squeak) behind the brake pads..did you install pads or mechanic?

1. What is the pad material? 2. Sis you get anti-squeal shims to put under the pads? 3. Did you use any silicone anti-squeal compound? 4. Were the rotors turned?

I just recently bought new brakes pads for my corolla at first there were fine but recently they make the noise wich sounds like i need new ones. I dont hear the noise all the time. What can it be? I really hate that noise it's one of the things that annoys me the most so if anyone can help me I would appreciate it thanks.

I have had a squicking noise before, and heard that driving in reverse and fast stop will kill that squicking, well it does help untill the time my brake pads were flat to metal and i was always squicking except when i used the brakes at stopping there was no noise. I bought Brembo Cross-Drilled Rotors, and Semi-metalic Brendix Brake Pads, lubricated pads with quiet stop lubricant, as a result GREAT, SHORT, FAST, and QUIET stopping. It has been one month already and no squicking since:) Brendix brake semi-metalic pads are cheap and the best for street driving.

did you turn the rotors when you put the pads on? they might be out of round.

I have had a squicking noise before, and heard that driving in reverse and fast stop will kill that squicking, well it does help untill the time my brake pads were flat to metal and i was always squicking except when i used the brakes at stopping there was no noise. I bought Brembo Cross-Drilled Rotors, and Semi-metalic Brendix Brake Pads, lubricated pads with quiet stop lubricant, as a result GREAT, SHORT, FAST, and QUIET stopping. It has been one month already and no squicking since:) Brendix brake semi-metalic pads are cheap and the best for street driving.