Echo drink holders

nasus730

Hello, all! I'm brand new to the TOC & its forums. I just purchased a 2002 Echo to replace my Hyundai Accent which was totaled in a rear-end accident.

So far I'm vvv. pleased w/ my 5-speed dk. green Echo (great gas mileage & style!). The only thing that I would change is the size & height of the 3 drink holders; they are a bit too wide & shallow; almost every time I turn a corner, whatever they contain tips out or moves perilously. Does anyone know of converters or inserts that would make them more secure & user friendly?

All my Internet searches have resulted in finding complaints of car owners whose drink holders are too small (esp. for 32oz. + BigGulps, etc.); I seem to have the opposite problem. A person at a Toyota dealership parts department said he'd seen something that might work, but unfortunately I have been unable to locate what he described. My local auto parts stores do not carry anything suitable.

If anyone has any ideas/solutions to share, I will be v. appreciative!

hi and welcome...

sorry i cant help right now, but perhaps someone can...

Greetings, again! I tried a few more keywords and such and then struck gold-- or maybe it will turn out to be iron pyrite? Amazon.com has a holder adapter.

I think the base will be too narrow & I'll have to add something in order to make it fit tightly.

Oh well... I'll order one just to see if it works. But if anyone has a better idea or solution, I welcome any suggestions.

THANXXX!

• 1 month later...

Seems like this is an issue with Toys. If you end up designing something, I would like to talk to you.

Hello, all! I'm brand new to the TOC & its forums. I just purchased a 2002 Echo to replace my Hyundai Accent which was totaled in a rear-end accident.

So far I'm vvv. pleased w/ my 5-speed dk. green Echo (great gas mileage & style!). The only thing that I would change is the size & height of the 3 drink holders; they are a bit too wide & shallow; almost every time I turn a corner, whatever they contain tips out or moves perilously. Does anyone know of converters or inserts that would make them more secure & user friendly?

All my Internet searches have resulted in finding complaints of car owners whose drink holders are too small (esp. for 32oz. + BigGulps, etc.); I seem to have the opposite problem.  A person at a Toyota dealership parts department said he'd seen something that might work, but unfortunately I have been unable to locate what he described. My local auto parts stores do not carry anything suitable.

If anyone has any ideas/solutions to share, I will be v. appreciative!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of aftermarket drink holders that have double sided tape on the bottom so you put them on your dash. Got them at Canadian Tire. Just dropping them into the echo cup holders would probably be about the right change in size. Think they were under $10 each.

• 2 months later...