New to the site and Toyota

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Toyota Owners' Club USA. You will be happy to know that Toyota Owners from every walk of life post here. Mechanics, do-it-yourselfer's, and many others share information here. We are Owners.

Your 2005 Camry is an excellent car. Just make sure to follow the service intervals. Especially the transmission fluid changes.

STEVE

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I purchased a 2006 Sienna LE on New Year's Day, and it's amazing! This is the closest I'll ever get to a luxury car. We've been Caravan owners for the past 12 years.

My wife, kids and I (and our mothers) are amazed at the comfort, drive and features this car has! My wife and I are fighting over who gets to drive it - so far, we've taken 2-day shifts. The kids don't fight in the car, because they have 'their own doors' and separate seats on opposite sides of the car.

Having had one type of car for so long, it was a little scary to step off into 'an unknown brand', but we couldn't be happier that we did it.

Now to make the payments........

WG, NY

Hello all,

I purchased a 2006 Sienna LE on New Year's Day, and it's amazing! This is the closest I'll ever get to a luxury car. We've been Caravan owners for the past 12 years.

My wife, kids and I (and our mothers) are amazed at the comfort, drive and features this car has! My wife and I are fighting over who gets to drive it - so far, we've taken 2-day shifts. The kids don't fight in the car, because they have 'their own doors' and separate seats on opposite sides of the car.

Having had one type of car for so long, it was a little scary to step off into 'an unknown brand', but we couldn't be happier that we did it.

Now to make the payments........

WG, NY

Well, surprisingly enough, the Sienna and the Lexus RX330 are the same basic vehicle....very, very similar. That's why it really is a luxury vehicle, even though it says "Toyota" on it instead of Lexus. Congratulations on a fantastic new car!

As for the payments, just think of it this way: it may have cost you more than the Caravan, but in 7 or 8 years, you'll most likely have actually spent less because of the far fewer repair costs you'll incur, plus the Sienna will actually be worth something when it has 100,000 miles on it where a Caravan would be worth next to nothing.

Well, surprisingly enough, the Sienna and the Lexus RX330 are the same basic vehicle....very, very similar. That's why it really is a luxury vehicle, even though it says "Toyota" on it instead of Lexus. Congratulations on a fantastic new car!

As for the payments, just think of it this way: it may have cost you more than the Caravan, but in 7 or 8 years, you'll most likely have actually spent less because of the far fewer repair costs you'll incur, plus the Sienna will actually be worth something when it has 100,000 miles on it where a Caravan would be worth next to nothing.

Didn't know that this was a cousin of a Lexus model. I'm going to sit up a little straighter in the seat, I think!

You hit the nail on the head about the Caravan. My '93 has 118,000 miles on it, the Kelley Blue Book value is $320, and that's with me being very kind to the car choosing 'Fair' condition. I'm just going to donate it anyway, so whatever little write-off I get will be better than nothing.

The Caravan we still drive is a '95 with 75,000 miles on it - and it's on it's 2nd transmission. The '93 was spared that rather common 'feature'.

WG

Didn't know that this was a cousin of a Lexus model. I'm going to sit up a little straighter in the seat, I think!

You hit the nail on the head about the Caravan. My '93 has 118,000 miles on it, the Kelley Blue Book value is $320, and that's with me being very kind to the car choosing 'Fair' condition. I'm just going to donate it anyway, so whatever little write-off I get will be better than nothing.

The Caravan we still drive is a '95 with 75,000 miles on it - and it's on it's 2nd transmission. The '93 was spared that rather common 'feature'.

WG

It's closer than a cousin...try a fraternal twin. Once you start to drive Toyotas, you'll continue to do so. The peace of mind alone is worth a few extra bucks.