2006 Highlander Hybrid

respit

• 4 weeks later...

:unsure: My average gas mileage is around 24.5. Most of my driving is local city.

Anyone doing better then this?

I'm not driving a Highlander hybrid, but I have a couple thoughts on hybrid gas mileage:

1.) The more accessories you have on, the more power you need, and the more likely your gas engine is to be on. I know it's been pretty warm lately, so I'm guessing you've been using the a/c a lot. You'll probably start to see better gas mileage in the early fall when the a/c doesn't have to work so hard.

2.) You most likely won't have a good indication of what your gas mileage will be until your car is truly broken in...give it a few thousand miles.

Other than that, enjoy your new Highlander. I've heard they're pretty quick, and lots of fun to drive.

:unsure: My average gas mileage is around 24.5. Most of my driving is local city.

Anyone doing better then this?

Here's some things Lexus recommends for improving gas mileage on the RX hybrid..it will probably help on the Highlander:

1.) Minimize cold starts

2.) Accelerate slowly

3.) Avoid heavy braking

4.) Avoid speeds in excess of 60 mph

5.) In stop-and-go traffic, accelerate to your desired speed, then lift off the accelerator allowing the vehicle to run more on electric power

6.) Make sure tire pressure is at recommended pressure

7.) Avoid carrying unnecessary loads

8.) Use air conditioner and defroster only as needed

9.) Use premium fuel

10.) Use the "D" gear position instead of "B". Only use the "B" gear position in order to maintain speed on steep grades.