RAV4 check engine light

garjr

My RAV4 is a 2001 with 140000 miles. Last spring I replaced two of the oxygen/fuel sensors then reset the check enging light. That greatly improved the performance. The light has been off since then. Two weeks ago, while on a trip, after driving most of the day, the check engine lignt came on while accelerating to get on the Xway after refueling. The light was on for several days after reaching our destination. I reset the light and it was off until the trip home. Same thing happened. After driving most of the day, the light came on after refueling and while acceleration to got back on the Xway. This time after about an hour of driving, the light went off. It has been off ever sense. The bulb is NOT burned out. I thought the light had to be reset when it came on. Any info about why it would come on and then go off and what might cause it to come on in this situation?

Thanks

Gordy

Why not pull the codes to see what they read and go from there? Without knowing the codes you're just guessing at what could be wrong. You need to find out what codes they are and what is causing them.

When the light is off will there be codes?