2002 camry-bad catalytic convertor

stevelaw

I had to get the cat convertor replaced about a week ago. Has this happened to anyone else? I am not complaining about Atlanta Toyota. They did a great job and it didn't cost me a dime. But has this happened to anyone else?

STEVE

• 2 years later...

I had to get the cat convertor replaced about a week ago. Has this happened to anyone else? I am not complaining about Atlanta Toyota. They did a great job and it didn't cost me a dime. But has this happened to anyone else?

STEVE

We have a 2001 and we were told that ours needs replacing because a bolt broke. Does that really mean the cat converter needs to be replaced? Can the bolt be replaced? :blink: We got a $1,200 quote from Midas. Probably should got to a Toyota dealer?

We have a 2001 and we were told that ours needs replacing because a bolt broke. Does that really mean the cat converter needs to be replaced? Can the bolt be replaced? :blink: We got a $1,200 quote from Midas. Probably should got to a Toyota dealer?

Try elsewhere. I'd think the bolt could be drilled or cut out with a torch and replaced with another bolt and a nut.

STEVE

Most cats are "useful" until about 94k

After that they starting to clog and are not very effective.

Cat has platinum and some other valuable metals in it. So the guys, who changed your cat made some money not only from you, but from your cat too ;)