Power source for visor garage door opener

erom43

I have a 2002 Avalon xls. The visor mounted garage door and gate opener seems weak at times.....could be my imagination running wild on a 10 year old car. I was wondering what the power source is.....namely car battery or replacable cell in the unit? If a replacable cell.....how would I replace it? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The owner's manual mentions nothing about this, other than using the remote buttons and programming them. I could not find anything on the internet either. These facts make me inclined to believe there are no batteries in the visor, and that the power source is the car battery. I could always check this by disconnecting the battery terminal and seeing if the garage door button still worked. However, that would mean having to reprogram the radio functions as well as all the main computer and clock info.....a nuisance. The buttons have always worked.....but sometimes they would seem weak.[font="Lucida Console"]