2005 Toyota Clutch

Hi, I'm a newby form Winston-Salem, NC. I was looking for a website to give me information in replacing my clutch. Hopefully that will take care of my drive train problem. The car will not move at all. I was driving on the interstate and the engine suddenly revved up and I believe I engaged the clutch to disengage the cruise control and coasted to an exit and was lucky enough to be able to coast into a convenience store parking lot. When the clutch went I saw what appeared to be piece of the clutch in the rear view mirror. I was puzzled about how the clutch material was to get out. Today I found I was able to see the flywheel through a cutout area in the bottom of the engine. I was wondering if that area is supposed to have a cover that is no longer there? Also, I noticed a little oil under the transmission and wondered if I should replace the seal behind the flywheel?

welcome to the forum

i would reccomend u get a repair manual for this car

they have A lot of these on ebay

u would save enough on this job to make it worth your while

they will tell an show u in detail how to do this job

by the way ur probably looking at a 700 dollar job here in tn where i live , different in other parts of the country

i hope this helped u some , if i can help u more im good on email

se ya redbud

welcome to the forum

i would reccomend u get a repair manual for this car

they have A lot of these on ebay

u would save enough on this job to make it worth your while

they will tell an show u in detail how to do this job

by the way ur probably looking at a 700 dollar job here in tn where i live , different in other parts of the country

i hope this helped u some , if i can help u more im good on email

se ya redbud