Prius Official Car of UN World Environment Day

fidgits

Lexus and Paul McCartney have announced a groundbreaking partnership that names Lexus as presenting sponsor of the Paul McCartney 'US' Tour this fall. The Lexus tour sponsorship, which will include multiple marketing extension opportunities through March 2006, represents the first time McCartney has ever partnered with a commercial brand in his distinguished career.

"I'm very pleased to partner with Lexus because I think there is a natural fit. Lexus and I share the same philosophy and approach to creating the best work possible-me with my music and art and Lexus with the vehicles they create," said McCartney. "I'm looking forward to a fun and rewarding experience for all."

McCartney will be performing 37 concerts during the 'US' tour, featuring many songs that have not been performed on American soil in the past 15 years. Nearly 300,000 tickets went on sale for this concert series and sold out in record-breaking time in most cities-some in less than 10 minutes.

"We are excited to present such a highly anticipated event to McCartney fans," says Bob Carter, group vice president and general manager for Lexus. "Paul McCartney is a musical icon who continues to grow and thrive not only as a musician but as an overall creative artist and philanthropist."

Lexus and Paul McCartney have several marketing initiatives in development to support the partnership. Of particular interest to McCartney-who is a long-time advocate for environmental causes-is the Lexus RX 400h, the world's first luxury hybrid SUV. This vehicle proves that environmental consciousness doesn't have to mean sacrificing performance, luxury or styling. McCartney will join other celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow and Natalie Portman-both of whom chose to arrive at this year's Academy Awards in a Lexus RX 400h-in championing such an important development in the automotive world

The RX 400h has been certified as a Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle and has an EPA-estimated combined fuel economy rating of 29 mpg, better than the average for compact sedans, and an EPA-estimated highway fuel economy of 27 mpg and 31 mpg in the city. The vehicle boasts a V6 engine that delivers V8-like performance and provides a peak system output of 268 horsepower and a 7.3-second 0-to-60 acceleration.

Additional partnership initiatives currently in development include Lexus hospitality areas in select tour cities, ticket giveaways and a special compilation CD created in conjunction with McCartney, to name a few.

For more information about the "Paul McCartney 'US' Tour Presented by Lexus" visit www.paulmccartney.com.

About Lexus

Lexus has become synonymous with luxury since its introduction in 1989. By offering some of the finest quality luxury vehicles and providing benchmark customer service, Lexus has become the top-selling luxury nameplate in the United States for five years in a row. Lexus and its 210 dealers have repeatedly achieved high honors for both the products they sell and the customer service they provide as rated by the independent research firm of J.D. Power and Associates.