Tire pressure sensor light

bellachix

My tire pressure sensor light keeps coming on every few hundred miles or so. The first time I thought the light came on because it was freezing outside and the air became compressed. When I took my car in for maintenance, they told me it was nothing to worry about. I assumed they put air in my tires, because the light went away when I got my car back. The same thing happened about 600 or 700 miles ago. I wasn't sure why the sensor was coming on, my boyfriend told me my tires looked fine, so I didn't worry about it. Again, I took my car in for scheduled maintenance, and the light was gone when I got my car back. But now it's back on!! I've also noticed my left front tire looks a bit lower than the others, so I'm gonna go buy a gauge to confirm this. Can there be a leak in my tire, or is my sensor acting funky? Also, what is the ideal tire pressure for a 2009 Toyota Corolla?

Colder air causes air to become more dense and makes it seem to the sensors that the tire has lost air. Just air them back up to what's stated on the driver's side door jam, usually 32 PSI or so, and the light should turn off.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a full size spare? Your TPMS light could be going off because of that. Go to your nearest Discount Tire/ Americas Tire, they'll diagnose your TPMS system for free and see if they can't figure it out for you. Hope this information helps.