New 2011 Avalon - Dealer Offered Options

eborys

Hello all, I purchased a 2011 Avalon Ltd two days ago. My dealer is offering two options that I need to decide on by Friday.

One is called: Luxcare Protection. It is a paint and interior assortment of treatments.

The second: Extended warranty for 8yrs or 100k miles: Platinum Plan.

Both plans are administered by: Automotive Warranty Services, Inc. Consumer Program Administrator, Inc. Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc Motor Warranty Services of North America (The preceding varies with State.)

I've tried web searches and haven't come across what I consider enough current info. Does anyone have experience with this company/ companies.

Thanks very much for the help,

eborys

W9NM

Paint protection is ok, usually just above average wax. Interior protection is nice though...some of those programs cover stains and spills to the carpet so can be well worth it. You're more buying the warranty than the product application, so just think of it that way.

On extended warranties: it's almost always better buying the one offered by the manufacturer. Some of the aftermarket companies are ok, most are comparatively terrible (limited coverage, won't honor much, etc.). If you want an extended warranty, get the one from Toyota Financial Services.