Front passenger seat removal

InsecBob

Can't tell you for sure, but probably not...turn the car off and detach the battery before removal though, or you'll have even more issues with the sensors.

Thanks for the reply. What about the driver's seat belt pretensioner system? Would that work in an accident if the front passenger seat on a 2008 Toyota Yaris is removed?

Thanks,

Bob

They should be different sensors, but again, it's a touchy subject when you start messing with safety equipment, so I'd probably get a one month subscription to TIS or something similar before I started taking that stuff apart., if I were you.

They should be different sensors, but again, it's a touchy subject when you start messing with safety equipment, so I'd probably get a one month subscription to TIS or something similar before I started taking that stuff apart., if I were you.

Thanks again for your reply. What is TIS? What is something similar?

Bob

TIS = Toyota Technical Information System. Repair manuals, wiring diagrams, etc. I think you can buy a short term subscription to it, but not sure of the costs. I know there's another company out there too, but can't think of the name.

TIS = Toyota Technical Information System. Repair manuals, wiring diagrams, etc. I think you can buy a short term subscription to it, but not sure of the costs. I know there's another company out there too, but can't think of the name.

Thanks for your responses Leighcm,

Are there bypass modules that can be used to simulate an empty front passenger seat? Where could I get such a module?

Bob

I doubt you'll find something like that because it would be a major safety liability issue. You'll find that when it comes to safety equipment, no one wants to alter the factory specs. Pretty much everything else is fair game, but safety is a sticky subject.

I doubt you'll find something like that because it would be a major safety liability issue. You'll find that when it comes to safety equipment, no one wants to alter the factory specs. Pretty much everything else is fair game, but safety is a sticky subject.

Thanks Leighcm