Engine Break-in

Rykugb

The general theory here in Australia is that for about the first 1000 - 1500km, instill a variety of different driving styles.

By this, suggestions have been to drive on 5th or 6th gear at about 60km/h, stretch 1st to 50km/h, reach lift a few times...you get the drift...

Cheers

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Like Azza said vary your driving, especially for the first 200km's it's important to not wrap your car in cotton wool. Also, don't break in your engine by doing all the mileage on highways. Don't thrash it, but don't baby it either. And despite what the dealer may say, it is a good idea to change the oil at the first 1000km adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...

It was interesting to see, a couple of weeks ago, TOCAU here in Brisbane Australia had a Dyno Day.

Most of the Corolla Sportivo's that we have here in Brisbane are modified to some point, where mine is still stock.

I ran mine on the Dyno after running in the car like I was talking about in my earlier post, and I topped 112.5kw at the wheels (you'll have to excuse me, I am unsure as to what the bhp conversion is)

Nod bad for a stock car where most modified versions were displaying between 110 - 118kw...