Toyota Corolla 2010 2Nd Gear Problem

Roman.K

:huh:

Hallo.

Month a go i bought brand new toyota corolla 2010 manual transmission 6 speeds, the gear is ok but there is a very annoying problem.

When shifting from 1st to 2nd the shifting stick is like "jumping" inside the gear and i can hear some "clunk" from the gear, it is not smooth like in other shifts when shifting

from 3rd to 2nd no such thing. this is not heppening all the time.

it's like going through two gears 1st clunk clunk 2nd and when you are trying to perform quick shifting you'll got stick jumps inside + clunck noise from the gear.

Someone knows about this issue ??

is it ok in corolla 2010 gear ?? should i ask toyota to repair it or it's better not to touch the gear?

p.s sorry for spelling

Thanks alot for your halp

:huh:

Your car is unter warranty. I would not put up with any defects or strange situations. Get to the dealer and complain. They need to fix it to your satisfaction.

Thanks alot for your quick answer.

I spoke with the dealer and they send me to the Toyota garage, in the garage they told me that the shifting is ok and there is no "crunch" noice so THE gear is ok.

One of the mechanics told me that the synchros are new and after some milege 4 or 5k 2nd speed will get better.

What do you think ?

1.Is the notchy gear shift because its a new car?

3. What are the reasons of having a notchy gear shift?

4. Has anyone else has this experienced this 2nd speed shifting problem?

Some additional information about my issue: When i am shifting slow there is no shifting problem.

Thanks for your help .