Sienna Brakesfeels soft

avalon2000

Hi all,

I just purchased a used Sienna 04. It is a LE model and has disk brakes at the front and drum brakes at the rear. To me, the brake peddle feels too soft. I have to push 0.5-1 inch(I think) before the brakes start to catch. Once it passes that 0.5-1 inch, it works fine. It takes a while to get used to. Once I drive it for a while, everything feels fine. It is almost like the disks are rusty, or the system needs bleeding or something.

I am also driving a 2000 Avalon with new rotors and pads replaced last year by myself. The Avalon brakes feel so much harder and responsive. I have been driving Toyotas for years. Neither my Avalon, Camry, Corolla feels like the Sienna. So I took it to a local Toyota dealer. The tech said it felt ok. And they further told me the newer the models were, the softer the brakes would feel. I did test drive a 06 Sienna for a little while. And sure, it felt soft to me.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same feeling.

Thanks