2003 camry shocks

ntanimo

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what type of replacement shocks are best for camry 2003 model in terms of durability and ride comfort?

Kyb are pretty good but there stiff though awesome price can't beat it. I have them and i like it i also have lowering springs (Ksports gt) on the Kyb hope that helps a bit but if you have money go with the Coilovers instead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've finally ordered 4 GR-2 KYB shocks for my camry. I can't wait to install them and check the difference. Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll update when I install them.

After 3 months and 700 miles the KYB shocks I installed are stiff and noisy. The ride is horrible. OEM shocks are far much better. I just wasted my money. would be ordering OEM shocks soon.

After 3 months and 700 miles the KYB shocks I installed are stiff and noisy. The ride is horrible. OEM shocks are far much better. I just wasted my money. would be ordering OEM shocks soon.

Mine seem to be OK

I don't think you wasted your money as if you still have the purchase ticket you can get your money back provided the installer did a correct installation. Changing shock absorbers must be done by a competent shop, specially the front as there are many Teflon type parts in the strut section, which allow the movement of the steering wheel and if installed incorrectly they will generate noise which may or may not have something to do with the shock absorbers. But if shocks are noisy you can get your money back.