Rear Speakers not working

Takashi Ryuu

I dont know if this has already been posted, I looked and didn't see anything, so figured I would post it.

I have a 1996 Avalon XLS with a Aftermarket JVC headunit it, and one day while I was driving down the street, the rear speakers started sounding like the sound was coming out of a tunnel, not an echo, but a far away sound. I turned the HU off and upon turning it back on, my rear speakers no longer work. The speakers are stock I believe, not quite sure since I cannot figure out how to get the covers off of the rear speakers. If anyone has ever experienced such an issue, or has taken the speaker covers off the door panel, please let me know how to do it. I need to find the cause of the issue.

• 9 months later...

I dont know if this has already been posted, I looked and didn't see anything, so figured I would post it.

I have a 1996 Avalon XLS with a Aftermarket JVC headunit it, and one day while I was driving down the street, the rear speakers started sounding like the sound was coming out of a tunnel, not an echo, but a far away sound. I turned the HU off and upon turning it back on, my rear speakers no longer work. The speakers are stock I believe, not quite sure since I cannot figure out how to get the covers off of the rear speakers. If anyone has ever experienced such an issue, or has taken the speaker covers off the door panel, please let me know how to do it. I need to find the cause of the issue.

most likely you need to take the door panel off. usually on modern cars the speaker cover is part of the door panel, not just added on. there is a tool at autozone for ten dollars to get the clips of the edges of the door panel, without breaking them all.