Another new owner...

Hi all,

I purchased a 2010 Tacoma Access Cab 2wd SR-5 last Thanksgiving. Been enjoying the truck. Not my 1st Toyota.... although over the years I've owned a `87 Toyota truck and a `94 T-100 4WD.

One thing I can say..... although the Tacoma has the 2.7L 4 cylinder mated to a 4 speed automatic transmission, it will run circles around the T-100.

I'm looking forward to talking with all of you, swapping ideas, tips and tricks.

Best regards,

Mike

Welcome!! Those new Tacomas are a beautiful truck...and that 2.7liter is leaps and bounds ahead of those old T100 engines.

Hey now! The T-100s had the 3.4L V6, not a dog by any means, but too small for a truck of that size. Was perfect in my '99 Taco. I think I could have driven it at least another 100K miles.... but I'll never know since I sold it. :(

Hey now! The T-100s had the 3.4L V6, not a dog by any means, but too small for a truck of that size. Was perfect in my '99 Taco. I think I could have driven it at least another 100K miles.... but I'll never know since I sold it. :(

Actually, my T-100 was one of the first model years.... it was a long bed ( 8 foot ), standard cab, 3.0L V6 mated to an 3 speed automatic transmission, 4WD and A/C. Just a standard, plain jane truck. It was a good one, when I sold it it had 158,000 miles on it. But it was underpowered. A friend of mine bought a 96 T-100 with the 3.4L V6 engine and it was a whole different truck.

( I miss my T-100 truck! )

But I LOVE my Tacomoa!!!!! :wub::wub:

I totally forgot that the older T-100s had the 3.slow engine in them. No headgasket problems on that? I think the same engine was used in the 1st gen 4Runners which had the HG recall.

Yep, replaced it, under warranty. A recall if I'm not mistaken. Never had a problem out of it or anything else, besides the truck being underpowered, other than the squeaky speedo cable.... :rolleyes:

But for what it did, it served its purpose well. :)