anymore supra owners on here?

madwelshman

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just sold my 1994 UK Spec (326bhp) Supra TT Auto in Red and purchased a 95 J-Spec (225bhp) Supra N/A 5 Speed in white. Castrol Toms hint hint ;)

Now all a need is to get my 2jzge out and get my freshly rebuilt 3sgte in :lol:

Mwahahahaha! (Evil Laugh)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a recent Supra owner...just sold my 1994 Turbo (the third Supra I've owned).

What do you drive?

90 toyota supra...7mgte power rocks B) 1125590246211.jpg

Now I have a 911 Turbo and a 2006 GS300 AWD. Just sold my Camry too. I feel a little odd...10+ years of Toyota ownership, and suddenly no Toyota. The Lexus is close, though.

Now I have a 911 Turbo and a 2006 GS300 AWD.  Just sold my Camry too.  I feel a little odd...10+ years of Toyota ownership, and suddenly no Toyota.  The Lexus is close, though.

I had a 1988 Supra Turbo for a few years. How do you like your 1990?

• 2 months later...

Yay!! Another person in the Supra category!!

It's quite unsurprising, Supra is a dying breed, old and new. Everyone these days are trying to get their hands on one. It's sad really, these cars never sold high in numbers when manufactued...now that the power potential for the Supra has been realized....well....it's a matter of supply vs demand. You get the picture. I've got my mk3, trying to get a mk4 (so overpriced these days). Even if I

never sucessfully find a mk4 supra, I will always be happy to have had my mk3. Someone once asked if I would trade my 3 for a 4.I thought about it....and I came up with no. The fact is, I've grown on my car sooo much, even though I've only had it for a short amount of time. Guess thats why they are so much in demand, they are so damn lovable.

Rumor has it, the Supra returns in 2007, Toyota's entry into the high performance import sport compact market...for direct competition with Nissan's 350Z, Mitsubishi's Evo8/Eclipse, and Mazda's RX8. Only it seems it may more than likely be released under a new name. Perhaps 4000GT? We should look at Lexus new models like the GS for the styling of the new Supra. If you've ever looked at an old mag add for the mk3, you will see a catchy phrase: "The Supra Dynasty Begins". I can only hope that the new Supra, if there will be one, will live up to the dynasty name.

automata ;)

It's quite unsurprising, Supra is a dying breed, old and new. Everyone these days are trying to get their hands on one. It's sad really, these cars never sold high in numbers when manufactued...now that the power potential for the Supra has been realized....well....it's a matter of supply vs demand. You get the picture. I've got my mk3, trying to get a mk4 (so overpriced these days). Even if I

never sucessfully find a mk4 supra, I will always be happy to have had my mk3. Someone once asked if I would trade my 3 for a 4.I thought about it....and I came up with no. The fact is, I've grown on my car sooo much, even though I've only had it for a short amount of time. Guess thats why they are so much in demand, they are so damn lovable.

Rumor has it, the Supra returns in 2007, Toyota's entry into the high performance import sport compact market...for direct competition with Nissan's 350Z, Mitsubishi's Evo8/Eclipse, and Mazda's RX8. Only it seems it may more than likely be released under a new name. Perhaps 4000GT? We should look at Lexus new models like the GS for the styling of the new Supra. If you've ever looked at an old mag add for the mk3, you will see a catchy phrase: "The Supra Dynasty Begins". I can only hope that the new Supra, if there will be one, will live up to the dynasty name.

automata ;)

The Supra was supposed to return in 2000. Then in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005...now 2007. As far as I know, it's still not been decided on if it's coming back. I vaguely remember one of the execs at Toyota saying they would not "enter the horsepower race" because it's simply not a profitable category with such low production numbers. Unfortunately for those of us who love the Supra, this seems true. Unless you considered the concept Lexus LF-A the replacement for the Supra. It's only going to be $100k or so. Another thing to watch out for is the new Lexus IS coupe (LF-C concept). This year, the IS350 sedan is 308 horsepower...imagine what it'll be once Lexus builds the IS in a coupe with a hybrid powertrain. Zoom!

By the way, here is my baby. Not the best looking (not yet anyway), but definitely a performer.

automata ;)

Picture188-vi.jpg

I like what you've done so far. Get the body kit painted, and it'll be good looking car! What kind of mechnical modifications do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

Under the hood, absolutely stock. The stock engine is n/a. whats going on away from the car is the question to ask. I currently am rebuilding a 7mgte in the back yard...completely rebuilding it from the ground up. So far my list of engine parts are as follows: .40 overbore JE pistons, eagle rods, reground crankshaft, n/a cams, port polished head with oversized valve seats, unorthodox racing pullies (last set for the 7mgte produced...i got extremely lucky), fidanza flywheel.

I plan on taking the block down to a machinist this summer to redo the cylinders. the 7m block has been modified to support a twin turbo set-up, however what turbo set up i use and as well as what size is currently out the window since im focusing on the engine internals right now. I still have quite a bit of parts to order before i can put that bad boy together.

Ive yet to decide whether to use a map ecu to eliminate the afm, or just use a larger afm from a lexus.

Automata :rolleyes:

Under the hood, absolutely stock. The stock engine is n/a. whats going on away from the car is the question to ask. I currently am rebuilding a 7mgte in the back yard...completely rebuilding it from the ground up. So far my list of engine parts are as follows: .40 overbore JE pistons, eagle rods, reground crankshaft, n/a cams, port polished head with oversized valve seats, unorthodox racing pullies (last set for the 7mgte produced...i got extremely lucky), fidanza flywheel.

I plan on taking the block down to a machinist this summer to redo the cylinders. the 7m block has been modified to support a twin turbo set-up, however what turbo set up i use and as well as what size is currently out the window since im focusing on the engine internals right now. I still have quite a bit of parts to order before i can put that bad boy together.

Ive yet to decide whether to use a map ecu to eliminate the afm, or just use a larger afm from a lexus.

Automata :rolleyes:

Sounds great...it'll be lots of fun when you're done. Post pics when you get a chance!

When do you think it'll all be together?

Im hoping to have the engine together by next xmas. However, the fun dont stop there. Suspension mods, interior, tranny, differential work and exterior mods are next. I'm hoping to have the entire car done in about 3-4 yrs, perhaps less. Im prolly going to change up the body kit some, add carbon fiber accents and a carbon fiber hood. Thinking about a candy apple blue paint job with minor graphics. Not to mention I plan on updating all the wiring in the car, oh joy. but I think its essential, no need for 15 yr old wiring on a car with the latest technology. When done, looking in the area of 500-900 rwhp.

Next project will hopefully be mk4 Supra.

Automata ;)

Im hoping to have the engine together by next xmas. However, the fun dont stop there. Suspension mods, interior, tranny, differential work and exterior mods are next. I'm hoping to have the entire car done in about 3-4 yrs, perhaps less. Im prolly going to change up the body kit some, add carbon fiber accents and a carbon fiber hood. Thinking about a candy apple blue paint job with minor graphics. Not to mention I plan on updating all the wiring in the car, oh joy. but I think its essential, no need for 15 yr old wiring on a car with the latest technology. When done, looking in the area of 500-900 rwhp.

Next project will hopefully be mk4 Supra.

Automata ;)

Sounds cool. Maybe about an 11-second car when you're done? :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a 79 supra this past weekend. Says it only has 78,000 miles. Has a little bit of wear and tear. Might post a pic or two sometime.

Hi, I just bought a 1990 Supra 220,000 km, I got it fairly cheap for Canadian standards cuz it needed work, so it's a bit of a project. I wasn't expecting that we would have to replace the wiring harness though, The shop i use said someone had attacked it with a machete and every time they found a problem another would pop up. I was lucky enough to find one on ebay in good shape so I expect to have that next week. Exterior looks mint though. Meanwhile I have been tearing the interior out, and replacing some broken things. Didnt realize these cars where prone to rust from the interior, both shock towers will need welding eventually, the body shop said it would be expensive, but there was enough solid structure to last for a few years yet. So I have my Targa top of and enjoying the warm summer breeze and the power under foot and laugh at all those little four bangers trying to keep up.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...