Alternative to carpet in my Sienna

colonel mustard

My family and I take long trips in our Sienna. It is the perfect travel van. I drive without the third row of seats to save a little on gas (removing extra weight helps). So, then I decided that I had had enough of the cleats wrecking the carpet and the spills and all the other stuff that gets ground into the carpet. So what I did was I took out all the seats and layed in the rubber interlocking heavy duty gym floor mats. Three wide fit perfect. So, I cut out the carpet and put in the rubber mats all the way up to the driver and front passenger seat. I then marked and cut out the four holes for the rear seats to clip in. Bah dah bing....I love my van and it is so easy to take care of...not to mention it smells cleaner and fresher. The best thing of all was that the mats were given to me so it cost me zero dollars. If you try this measure them out first. I have the biggest mats... and using them right they slide right under the plastic edges just like where the carpet would have gone. Go for the 1/2" thick variety or thicker if you can find them. I did not glue them down either. The weight of the seats and other stuff holds them in place plus the locking type hold themselves in place well enough.

Hope it helps...

james

• 4 months later...