Toyota Brand

fidgits

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Definitely very reliable. Obviously, it won't be as noticeable when your car has low mileage...most cars are reliable under 50k or so, but when you get over 100k and your Toyota is still going strong, you'll be very appreciative.

Toyotas are probably best known for reliability. but to me the Toyota badge always says 'The people who made the Supra.' I freaking love that car and the next auto I purchase is going to be an MKIV.

But for anyone interested in the true meaning of the latest badge (the cowboy hat!) here is what it actually symbolizes [grabbed from AutoBadger.com]:

The Japanese have a bit of a weakness for mad badges. Hence, the current Toyota symbol that looks like a cowboy in a big hat, but is actually three elipses depicting the heart of the customer, the heart of the product, and the ever-expanding technological advancements and boundless opportunities that lie ahead. It says here.

In Japanese, 'Toyo' means an abundance of, and 'ta' is rice. I'm told that some Asian cultures believe that those blessed with an abundance of rice are blessed with great wealth.

When the company was founded in 1937, the name 'Toyota' was used rather than the family name, 'Toyoda'. There were three reasons for this:

Signify the separation of the founders' work life from home life

Simplify the pronunciation

Give the company an auspicious beginning; eight is a lucky number and it takes eight strokes to write Toyota in Katakana, whereas it takes ten to write Toyoda

• 4 months later...
Shhh! Don't tell the anti-import guys about that meaning. They will take the wrong meaning from it and use it to verify their beliefs that we are all "Ricers", lol!

All the lame Honduh drivers took care of that distinction.... :rolleyes: ;)

Not to TOTALLY diss Honda drivers...but did I mention I hate Civics? :angry:

...Especially the ones with the buzzy exhaust, "VTEC" stickers on non-VTEC cars, bad bodykits, and stupid displays of horsepower that they don't have... (okay, yes, sometimes Toyota people do bad things, but they always reform :D ).

okay, okay...yes, I know...that new Civic is pretty cool...wish Toyota made a nice Corolla coupe.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest asjoseph
So here's the thing, the Toyota brand is known to be 'reliable', but what does the badge say to you??

... I drive a vintage Supercharged MR2. Gassing up, Porsche guy at the opposite pump started giving me a headache, enquiring what Toyota's problem is; that they should have stuck with old screaming chicken logo he saw in my car; that at least it doesn't look the new stupid logo, looking Pillsbury Doughboy signaling touchdown.

As if I really care, one way or another, what the logo looks like? Only a Porsche guy would care about that.

Regards,

~ Sammy, Supercharged MR2

• 8 months later...

In England I used to drive a Jaguar. The factory was about 18 miles down the road and parts were plenty The slogan was Grace, Space, and Pace

I have been thinking hard for a slogan for Toyota

I had come up with a few

let me know which is best

I don't give an Iota

Cause mine is a Toyota

bit cheesy

Pure luxury without the price tag of a badge

No I am not a car salesman

Best cars for Race and Rice.........I wonder if that will catch on :D

well they used to have "the car in front is a Toyota"

Could say I love my motor and its a Toyota

Where in the UK did you live?

Bromsgrove about 18 miles from Browns Lane (Jaguar manufacturing site) in Coventry in a little village called Blackwell

Nice place and blackwell indeed. :D