Air con. cleaning help

edteach

You have a filter which (I think) is behind the gove box. You probably can (if this is still like it was on 04 corollas) just open the glove box past it's normal stop and reach in and remove the cover of the filter area. Then the filter sides out and can be replaced or just cleaned. Be careful to keep any debris from falling off the filter when you take it out. It may have leaves etc that need to be removed wit the filter. Hope this helps. I just cleaned out my daughter's 04 corolla filter. It is not hard. Just be careful not to break any of the plastic parts.

There are air conditioner cleaning products and service out there for you.

OR you can from time to time, use the A/C and NOT recirculate the air flow so the outside dry air will prevent that "mildew/sweaty sock" smell from forming.

When you use the A/C - moisture is created, if you keep using the A/C on and it is recirculated (Max A/C) bacteria eventually gather onto the moisture and then you have that "smell".

Once in a while - open the vents to fresh air with the A/C on to prevent this.