Newbie question: Should I buy a Toyota?

Hi there,

I’m just about to buy a 2003 Echo, but before I do I thought I’d check with Toyota owners to see if there’s anything I should know as I try to decide whether to buy this car. My sense is that the Echo is affordable, reliable, inexpensive. Are there any major problems that most Echo owners face, though? Or, anything else I should know as I weigh my options?

Thanks! (and, sorry for the double posting -- I posted this same question on the "Echo/Yaris" Forum)

Check the carfax history of that Echo before final purchase.

If clear, you should be on your way to a reliable car with excellent fuel mileage.

Welcome to TOC USA!!!

• 1 month later...

I don't know about the echo, but I know the Corrolla line and the Matrix (which is the Corrolla station wagon) have had great reliability over the years. I don't know what the price comparison is with the Echo, but I know here in Michigan they were willing to practically GIVE me the Corrolla sedan from the prior year. We live in the Detroit area and the car dealers are practically giving them away, especially if they're last years model.

Jenn