HID headlights

Naz

Hi I have a 1998 camry and just bought a HID kit for my headlights and needed some help on installation. I can wire it all up correctly but 1 instruction is to connect the high/low beam controller to the positive end of my battery terminal...and unfortunately i've never dealt with doing anything to my battery before besides jumping the car so i was wondering how should i go about doing this? here is a photo of the instructions that came with my HID kit. thanks!

http://www.hidxtra.com/ebay/bixenonSetup.jpg

my car is the top photo H4 Bi-Xenon headlights.

Hi I have a 1998 camry and just bought a HID kit for my headlights and needed some help on installation. I can wire it all up correctly but 1 instruction is to connect the high/low beam controller to the positive end of my battery terminal...and unfortunately i've never dealt with doing anything to my battery before besides jumping the car so i was wondering how should i go about doing this? here is a photo of the instructions that came with my HID kit. thanks!

http://www.hidxtra.com/ebay/bixenonSetup.jpg

my car is the top photo H4 Bi-Xenon headlights.

Hey, where are you located, I'm in New Jersey. If you are close to me, then maybe we can get together & I can help you install them. But as far as the HID's are concerned, the way you hook it up to the battery is that you take the terminals off & then put 1 of the grounds on the proper spots & then put the terminals over them. Before you do that, take a picture of your engine bay, I just want to see something.

I found this vid online, and it looks pretty similar to what i'm going to do, think those ballast mounting points are good spots?

That's how to do it, but the reason I was asking you faor a specific picture of your engine bay is if you notice the battery terminals on the YouTube video, he has the terminals that support the extra inputs. Otherwise you have to take the terminals off & put the rings on the appropriate sides, & put the battery terminal on.

That's how to do it, but the reason I was asking you faor a specific picture of your engine bay is if you notice the battery terminals on the YouTube video, he has the terminals that support the extra inputs. Otherwise you have to take the terminals off & put the rings on the appropriate sides, & put the battery terminal on.

ahh. also did you see how he put the ground cable on the negative side of the battery? he just unscrewed a small bolt and put that ground cable on and screwed it back on, could i do the same for my positive terminal even though it doesnt have support for the extra inputs?

ahh. also did you see how he put the ground cable on the negative side of the battery? he just unscrewed a small bolt and put that ground cable on and screwed it back on, could i do the same for my positive terminal even though it doesnt have support for the extra inputs?

Well, I can't tell you w/out really seeing a specific picture of your engine bay, but if you have terminals like that which have bolts on the top, then you can just take off that bolt on the top & put the ground wire on there & then put the bolt on top if it & you should be set.

Well, I can't tell you w/out really seeing a specific picture of your engine bay, but if you have terminals like that which have bolts on the top, then you can just take off that bolt on the top & put the ground wire on there & then put the bolt on top if it & you should be set.

niice. i'll give it a shot and see what happens.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...7_3529192_n.jpg

ohh yeahhh. one problem though my highbeam on the right side is non operational :/ have to call them and ask for a replacement. How my kit works is, its 1 bulb and when i turn on my high beam the bulb moves to the correct position to shine the light higher (instead of a normal twin filament halogen bulb, my car has a single filament xenon bulb), the method works like a charm on the drivers side headlight, but on the passenger side the light goes Down when i turn on my highbeams...so i gotta ask them what to do, or send me another bulb. we shall seee but in the meanwhile my low beams are blinding motorists who are too hypnotized by the blue color to look away!

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...7_3529192_n.jpg

ohh yeahhh. one problem though my highbeam on the right side is non operational :/ have to call them and ask for a replacement. How my kit works is, its 1 bulb and when i turn on my high beam the bulb moves to the correct position to shine the light higher (instead of a normal twin filament halogen bulb, my car has a single filament xenon bulb), the method works like a charm on the drivers side headlight, but on the passenger side the light goes Down when i turn on my highbeams...so i gotta ask them what to do, or send me another bulb. we shall seee but in the meanwhile my low beams are blinding motorists who are too hypnotized by the blue color to look away!

Nice, I like the license plate lights, but be careful w/those lights, I got a ticket 4 them but I had them as my parking lights in the front; apparently blue is a cop color or something. Did you change the brake, reverse & signal lights yet? Post up a couple a pix of the engine bay so I can see the setup & maybe I can figure out where you might have gone wrong...

Nice, I like the license plate lights, but be careful w/those lights, I got a ticket 4 them but I had them as my parking lights in the front; apparently blue is a cop color or something. Did you change the brake, reverse & signal lights yet? Post up a couple a pix of the engine bay so I can see the setup & maybe I can figure out where you might have gone wrong...

Naa everything is stock lighting besides the blue LED license plate lights and HIDs. Inside i have a blue LED dome light, and a blue neon tube under each seat that light up the front and rear foot wells, pulsating to the bass of the music, its pretty sick! I actually called the HID company and they said to switch the bulbs from right headlight to left and see if its the bulb or the wiring set up, I did and it did the same exact thing, so I just need to give them another call and see what they'll do about it.