2005 celica Underdrive pulley

CelicaL5

• 1 year later...

ive been looking around on these for alittle while but havent been able to find much for info, is it worth it on a gt to get one? is it going to make a difference?

These are very bad for your car, it underdrives all of the cars other systems and can lead to very bad consequences. I know on the gt-s it will wear out the oil pump and your engine will not get any oil. If you really want to get one, go with one that is lightweight only, not an underdrive.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I know this topic has not been touched in a while, but I have put underdrive pulley systems on numerous cars and NO car that I have put it has had adverse effects, especially the oiling system. Unless Toyota did something really unusual and made the oil pump belt driven rather than crank driven on the GT-S, the underdrive pulleys will NOT effect the oil being dispersed throughout the engine - the crank speed will remain the same with or without the pulleys, hence, the oil pump delivers the same amount of oil regardless.