Wet Carpets

POB

I own a 2002 Sienna. Abour two years ago I noticed water seeping up through the driver and passanger carpets. I took it to the delaership and they said it was a problem with firewall and it 1,600.00 to repair which included a whole new carpet. Four weeks later ther problem came back and I took i back to Toyota. They checked the firewall again and said they put sealent under the floor. This worked for about a year but now it's stating again. In this finacial climate I cannot afford a new carpet; rather I would like to reach out to other Toyota owners who have experienced a similar problem and had a concrete and positive diagnosis.

Peter

• 7 months later...

Check out my posts about how to get rid of the carpet...$1600 for carpet is a rip off...Do my solution and you will be fine...I would buy some heavy duty silicone caulk and maybe take off the plastic inner shield so you can see where the liquid is coming in and just overdo it with the caulk. Check the antenae area for holes and around the windshield. Sometimes the liners get brittle especially in cold climates. Check with your insurance company and tell them your wind shield is leaking and really dangerous...you are afraid of something shorting out in the dash...They may be able to help you. Be honest and good luck. james

I own a 2002 Sienna. Abour two years ago I noticed water seeping up through the driver and passanger carpets. I took it to the delaership and they said it was a problem with firewall and it 1,600.00 to repair which included a whole new carpet. Four weeks later ther problem came back and I took i back to Toyota. They checked the firewall again and said they put sealent under the floor. This worked for about a year but now it's stating again. In this finacial climate I cannot afford a new carpet; rather I would like to reach out to other Toyota owners who have experienced a similar problem and had a concrete and positive diagnosis.

Peter