Low Beam headlights

el malo

I have a 2004 toyota sienna that when I turn the switch for the headlights the low beams does not work and only the high beams works, does anybody out there knows what the problem could be?

I have had this vehicle since 2004, I' very familiar with the controls, I tried your suggestion but did not work, Thank you

• 7 months later...

I do not know what the problem is but I do know how to fix it. Our 98 Sienna had the same problem last Thanksgiving when we were driving at night from Cocoa Beach,Fl to Savannah, Ga. for a weekend getaway. It was 10:30 pm or so and I was driving along I-95 going about 75 mph and I rolled over a simple bump on the road. At that instant my low beam lights went out completely. I immeadiatly tried switching and flicking on and off...nothing worked. So I hit the high beams. They worked but I have never seen so many birds flying at night since then. So we had to ride around only in the day time while up there. Your problem is common with the Sienna. I had a friend that helped me fix the short term issue of having no low beam lights. He helped me by switching the low beam light wire to where the high beams were coming in. So I had low beams...then I took it to my main mechanic and he simply disconnected both lights from their factory housing and did a straight hard wire to the power source. The result is I have high and low beams now. The high beam light does not light up on my dash but I am not concerned about that.

I hope this helps...

James

I have a 2004 toyota sienna that when I turn the switch for the headlights the low beams does not work and only the high beams works, does anybody out there knows what the problem could be?