Resetting wireless entry for '09

CamryMeg

I've had my Camry about a month and I love it but it's driving me crazy right now. Every time I open a door regardless of whether the key is in the ignition I am getting a sound that sounds like the door open with key in ignition alert. This started this weekend after I had my sunroof open. According to my manual it makes this sound if the roof is open and ignition is turned off. I've opened and closed the roof multiple times and it continues to do it. It also flipped out the other day when I tried to use the keyless entry so I'm wondering if I've possibly reset something there. Anybody got any ideas on how to make this stop I would appreciate!

Welcome to the Toyota Owners Club. We are all here to help each other and encourage each other in our experiences with the Toyota brand. Since you bought a new car I would go to the dealer and hound them until this situation is fixed. Then I would insist that Toyota consider whether a technical service bulletin or even a recall is warranted. If this problem is systemic then many more people are going to have the same problem. We should do our part to help Toyota find permanent solution to problems that come up. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the Toyota Owners Club. We are all here to help each other and encourage each other in our experiences with the Toyota brand. Since you bought a new car I would go to the dealer and hound them until this situation is fixed. Then I would insist that Toyota consider whether a technical service bulletin or even a recall is warranted. If this problem is systemic then many more people are going to have the same problem. We should do our part to help Toyota find permanent solution to problems that come up. Good Luck.

Welcome and congratulations! Just a thought but while several years older, my sunroof often passes the fully closed or sealed position if I don't get off the activator button. It has always done this. The easiest way to tell if it's seated correctly is to pick an open road, drive it to highway speed, slide the headliner back and listen for wind noise. BUT, before you do this procedure, open it completely and get out to see if anything might be hindering the glass from seating properly...twig, leaf, rubber seal etc. Now, back to the highway...up to speed etc...While someone else drives!! Bump the activator front/rear directions until there is the least amount of noise. Check to see if that helps when you get out of the car etc. If it does, there may be an adjustment on either the travel distance of the glass or the sensor that tells the car to sound (or not sound) the alarm.

Just a shot...

Either way, make sure the dealer knows and fixes it for you. 30 days and a new car...somethings not right and they need to address it.

Hope this helps.

TL