I'm Sue from NJ and inherited a 1986 1/2 Supra. It runs great and I just got it through inspection after a long repair to plugged EGR lines. I'd like to get Collectors Plates so it doesn't need to go through emissions tests anymore but NJ DMV requires a letter from a recognized car club (with their letterhead) that the vehicle was issued in limited edition or that a limited quantity of the original production run remains.

Can the Toyota Owners Club help me, or lead me to someone who can?

Much appreication from NJ............... Sue

I'm Sue from NJ and inherited a 1986 1/2 Supra. It runs great and I just got it through inspection after a long repair to plugged EGR lines. I'd like to get Collectors Plates so it doesn't need to go through emissions tests anymore but NJ DMV requires a letter from a recognized car club (with their letterhead) that the vehicle was issued in limited edition or that a limited quantity of the original production run remains.

Can the Toyota Owners Club help me, or lead me to someone who can?

Much appreication from NJ............... Sue

Unfortunately, I don't think it qualifies as a limited edition car. Toyota made thousands of those. I had one...it was a great car (got lots of tickets in it though, darn it!!).