Extended Warranty

Chriso

I recently bought a 2009 Prius. Does the long life, trouble free? potential of a Prius warrant the cost of an extended warranty for $1200 to $1300

That is an incredibly cheap price for the warranty. I hope you're only considering the ones through Toyota Financial...the rest are a waste of money because they won't pay a lot of claims.

Think about your decision this way: if the a/c goes out, there's your $1200-1300 easy. Or if your window motors went out, those are several hundred a piece. Worst case, a couple things break, and you break even on your warranty cost.

That is an incredibly cheap price for the warranty. I hope you're only considering the ones through Toyota Financial...the rest are a waste of money because they won't pay a lot of claims.

Think about your decision this way: if the a/c goes out, there's your $1200-1300 easy. Or if your window motors went out, those are several hundred a piece. Worst case, a couple things break, and you break even on your warranty cost.

Yes, the warranty is through the finance guy at the Toyota dealer where we bought the Prius. I guess I should confirm that it is a Toyota Extended Warranty and not otherwise.

I guess more appropriately my queswtion should be.........

Is there anyone out there who has a Prius with a few miles and a few years on it and what has been the reliability of the car and if there has been 'breakdown/repairs' how expensive are they. $1200 for a new a/c system got my attention.

Thanks for your reply.

Chriso

• 3 weeks later...