Finding Channel 000 for XM Radio ID

Julie from Ohio

I have a 2009 Corolla with the Navigation system. It include XM radio functionality which I'm trying to get established. In order to register, I need the "radio ID." The Corolla manual instructs me to find Ch000 on my radio and then it will give me an eight-digit number which is my radio ID. I've searched the FM and AM frequencies (it won't allow me to see the XM screen because I assume it isn't set up because I haven't provided the radio ID.) Does anyone know how to find Ch000 on my navigation-based radio system? It is a factory installed system. Thanks!

I have a 2009 Corolla with the Navigation system. It include XM radio functionality which I'm trying to get established. In order to register, I need the "radio ID." The Corolla manual instructs me to find Ch000 on my radio and then it will give me an eight-digit number which is my radio ID. I've searched the FM and AM frequencies (it won't allow me to see the XM screen because I assume it isn't set up because I haven't provided the radio ID.) Does anyone know how to find Ch000 on my navigation-based radio system? It is a factory installed system. Thanks!

If you can't see any of the XM channels, it's not hooked up (or possibly even installed). If the kit is installed, you'll have 3 or 4 preview stations plus the 000 channel. Are you sure you purchased the XM radio? I believe it was an extra cost option, and would be either on the window sticker as an upgrade, or installed by the dealer as a Toyota accessory. The radios now come with a button for satellite even if the satellite kit is not installed...it's usually with the AM button, and will say something like "AM/Sat" on it.