Shutting seat belt lights

allizmtav

I love Toyota and Lexus, but I am disgusted with the seat belt warning lights and tones. They keep blinking and sounding. Most other companies list how to turn off the features in the owners manual, but not Toyota or Lexus. If anyone knows how to do it I would be extremely grateful. I have a 2004 Corolla LE and an 2002 Lexus IS 300. I would like to stick with the two companies when I upgrade, but if these issues can't be dealt with I am going to switch Mercedes or another company with less ridiculus safety ideals. Thank you for any help that can be provided.

I love Toyota and Lexus, but I am disgusted with the seat belt warning lights and tones. They keep blinking and sounding. Most other companies list how to turn off the features in the owners manual, but not Toyota or Lexus. If anyone knows how to do it I would be extremely grateful. I have a 2004 Corolla LE and an 2002 Lexus IS 300. I would like to stick with the two companies when I upgrade, but if these issues can't be dealt with I am going to switch Mercedes or another company with less ridiculus safety ideals. Thank you for any help that can be provided.

Are you wearing your seatbelt?

If not why? it will save your life.

Dont make me go into what happened to a friend of mine :(

• 2 months later...

i had the same problem with my 98 corolla

what you do is you rip out the dash, it isent hard just 3 screws to undue, than you take off the light that creates the blinking. After you do this and put the dash back on nothing should go wrong and everything is back normal, minus the annoying light.