high mileage prius

thomas  legge

• 3 months later...
hi when i purchased this car in june of 2005 wondered how many miles it would last without any problems well after 181,000 miles it still runs like its new it would be stupid to buy any other car

hi, i'm glad to hear of your high mileage prius, i just bought a 2008 prius w/ 24,000 miles on it for $17,400. The dealership filled the tank for us and after 160 miles, half of the blocks are gone on the fuel gauge and were averaging about 43 mpg, which means we should get well over 400 miles on a tank, is that normal to happen or no? Also, how do u take care of your prius to make it run so well for so long, what kind of maintance do u perform on it and do u do it yourself or do u take it somewhere? we love our prius so far, i just want to make sure it lasts a long time !!

hi, i'm glad to hear of your high mileage prius, i just bought a 2008 prius w/ 24,000 miles on it for $17,400. The dealership filled the tank for us and after 160 miles, half of the blocks are gone on the fuel gauge and were averaging about 43 mpg, which means we should get well over 400 miles on a tank, is that normal to happen or no? Also, how do u take care of your prius to make it run so well for so long, what kind of maintance do u perform on it and do u do it yourself or do u take it somewhere? we love our prius so far, i just want to make sure it lasts a long time !!

Just follow the factory maintenance guide...and read the fine print about climate because your best schedule will vary depending on how harsh your weather is. Go with whichever comes first for mileage or time for the maintenance intervals.

• 2 months later...
Just follow the factory maintenance guide...and read the fine print about climate because your best schedule will vary depending on how harsh your weather is. Go with whichever comes first for mileage or time for the maintenance intervals.

With minor maintenance, you should get 110,000 miles trouble-free. Things to take care of: oil change, tire pressure, air filter change. You don't need to change spark plugs until you reach 110 K miles. Best,

• 4 years later...

I have never driven one vehicle this much. My 2007 Prius just turned over 300,000 miles last week. Mileage is now 302500. I have replaced front wheel bearings and front brakes. I am totally pleased with my Prius. I bought it new in May, 2007.

• 3 months later...

Warning Long Response, I did not Spell Check, My grammer sucks and my words will "Surprise and Get People's Walls Up!"

Members, I am 80MPGPriusCreator, I have had my 2005 Prius for about three weeks, when I purchased it to replace a 2005 Tahoe, which I had over three years, installed many of my US Patented, Internal Combustion Engine, devices, chemical formulas and state of the art "Anti Friction Chemical Formulas", to go from 14 MPG to 24 MPG but no one paid any attention. Now, in the three weeks, I removed my devices and re installed them on my 2005 Prius, which started at 45 MPG, now, I have had, the MPG up to as high as 79.67 (Scangauge "E") and today's trip of 237 miles on 3.54 gallons for 66.949 MPG, I am seeing that Ambient Temp, Outside Weather and road conditions, all play an important part to high miles per gallon. However, in the past week, I have never had lower than 65 MPG and mostly averaging around 70 MPG. I have only installed three out of the 7 elements, I have to install. The possibility to reach my goal of doubling the initial 45 MPG to 90 MPG, is very possible. Oh, for those of you that love the SULEV and PZEV, classification of the Prius, one of my devices, will decrease Emissions by up to 85%. Yes, I have all the California Air Resource Board designation and EPA aftermarket certifications, plus the US Patents and International Patents. Now, not all the chemical formulas, are Patented but I am not concerned with every chemical formula being Patented.

The three goals I have for the "Clean Air Fuel Efficiency Group of Products" are

1) to eventually get to 99% Emissions Elimination

2) to have all internal mechanical assemblies last for a minimum of 1,000,000 miles

3) to accomplish, eventually, 100 MPG, within three years, without a Plug In Conversion

The future of my "CAFE Group of Products" will be

1) to help as many Prius Owners, to acquire my technologies

2) to install a Plug In 40 KWh, to have an 100 mile range

3) to combine my 100 MPG Hybrid MPG with the 100 mile range to reach 200 MPG, combine

4) to present all my technology to Toyota, in hopes that I can further, the Global Use of the Prius Platform

5) to get used Prius, upgrade them with my Technologies and resale them better than when they were new

6) to recondition, needed or weak, HV Battery Pack cells

7) to learn how to, when the Li Ion Polymer Gel, HV Battery Packs, reach the point I can purchase to replace the current NiMH

8) to acquire a HV charger/discharger, software and learn to help other owners with failing HV Battery Packs, for "Free!"

9) to acquire new Prius, become the AMG or M series, type upgrade but for Super High MPG

10) to offer, Life Time Power Train Warranties and my expertise, for all who acquire one of my Upgraded Prius

I am Mark Gordon Cooper, Chief Science Officer for Y Not Innovations Enterprise, LLC, no member can purchase what I do, it is private and confidential, nor do I want to advertise, to any members, that I am selling these "Clean Air Fuel Efficiency Group of Products" to any member. By the rules of most Forums, no advertisements or solicitation for sale of any products is not allowed but I have accomplished the means to upgrade and accomplish 80 MPG, so to withhold this information would also be wrong.

My intent, is to purchase used, Gen II, Prius, recondition the HV Battery Packs when needed and then install all my Technologies on the Prius, document, prove to the purchasing new owner and prove that Used Prius, can be updated and made to last, 1,000,000 miles. You can not purchase anywhere, my devices, up to now, I only consult and help Cities, States, Large Fleets to use my technologies, to decrease Air Pollution from internal combustion engines, to condition the metal internal to the engine to eliminate friction, reduce heat and increase performance, then lastly to get the vehicles, to as high of MPG as possible.

I see now, that my Master Mechanic, friend who knew my Tahoe got totaled, called me and said "If anyone in the Global world should be driving and improving the already high MPG, Prius, it is you." So, I bought it and I love this vehicle. I love seeing my abilities getting to 80 MPG so quickly, to get the kg of Carbon DiOxide to the 0.00811 range(scangaugeE) and see the internal engine mechanical assemblies get to where no friction,no heat and last, forever. Not one of the vehicles or equipment, I have applied my Technologies to, not a single one has failed, has stopped working or freezed up. In fact, for my companies I consult for, I offer a Life Time Warranty, as long as they follow all of my recommendations on maintenance, up keep and resupply of chemical formulas, when needed.

People have said I am the "Future of Automotive Technology" but what I want the most is to prove that 99.99% of all Air Pollution created by un burned fuel, can be combusted and no Toxins, will come out in any Catalytic Converter's purge form from the tail pipe. When, I accomplish, the ability to rid the world of Air Pollution, from all the ICEs, in the Global world, then I will be satisfied.

I know all of you, want the 100 MPG Prius and you want it, without me touching your Prius, but I, have found out, no single product will accomplish that, I have now 7 elements to the "CAFE Group of Products" which work hand in hand to combine to Super Ultra High Miles Per Gallon Prius which I own. I welcome any of you to write to me or visit me, in Phoenix, Arizona, so I can demonstrate the proof, show you the devices on my engine and prove that a High MPG, 60-70-80-90 or 100 MPG Prius is possible, if you are willing to install all the tested and know devices I have. Within this month, January 2014, I will have all devices, catalyst injectors, catalyst processors, chemical formulas, re programmed Source Code and etc, etc, etc, to see if I can get to 100 MPG, this year.

All I have seen, so far, is to reach 100 MPG, you would have to install, a Plug In Conversion to get over 100 MPG but not any more, those companies which want to sell a $10,000 conversion kit, will hate me, Toyota will hunt me and the "Men in Black" will attempt to come get me but they will find out, many of my Technologies, are in the US Military, so I will make one phone call and the "Men in Black" will be told, "Not This One" "He works for us". I have been given permission to share, classified, technologies with Cities, States, Large Fleets and those vehicles I purchase and modify for resale, only. So, those of you that wish for me to upgrade your Prius, I can not. You would have to purchase, one of my modified Prius, through a long chain of brokers and I have "Black Box" and "Self Destruct Technology" which will send 1000 volts of high voltage into the EPROM, to totally disable the vehicle, so that no "Reverse Engineering" can be done. Oh sorry China, Japan, Russia, I am prepared for you all.

I love the Prius Platform, I love the merging of Electric vehicles, of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology and my own "Liquid Hydrogen Injection System" which will be release, in four years, due to classified US Government Rules.

This is not Fantasy, this is Real, I prove it all, every day and my fellow members, you will be glad, I acquired a Prius.

I look forward to answering questions and helping those of you with specific Internal Combustion Engine, questions. Do not listen to those who will tell you, you can not, make more MPG, from making the ICE more efficient, I have done it, I drive it and I will continue to disprove this Myth, every day, every week and every year. When the ICE is more efficient, when the HV Battery Pack has no Weak Cells and all the know elements, such as LRR, Carbon Fiber Hoods, Doors, Front Quarter Panels are replaced, when the rear wheel wells are covered and other aerodynamic improvements are installed, the Possible 150 MPG, non Plug In Prius Hybrid will be a reality and most likely my team of colleagues and i, will invent it.

The largest problems in my life has been to deal with :"Doubters" "Fence Sitters" "Eliminators" "Name Callers" but when they all see the proof, when they drive the proof and when they realize, how wrong they are, there is just nothing else they can say!

What we do in life, defines US for all Enternity!

Conquer your Fears and you will Conquer Death!

So go out and show the World, what you are made of!

Let the "Doubters" "The Mob Rulers" "The Moderators" and "those of you who say, "You Can't Do That" step up, I am here and I am real and I am ready for whatever you "Got", bring your best "Game", "White Men Can't Jump but they can Innovate!" B)