New 2003 Avalon XLS

jensenjp

Hello Toyota Fans,

Are there any issues that you are aware of in the 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS? I just got a silver metallic fine looking one.

I hear a hissing noise at low speeds from the engine and the steering wheel steers to the left inspite of wheel alignment being good. The steering wheel also squeaks while turning. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello Toyota Fans,

Are there any issues that you are aware of in the 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS? I just got a silver metallic fine looking one.

I hear a hissing noise at low speeds from the engine and the steering wheel steers to the left inspite of wheel alignment being good. The steering wheel also squeaks while turning. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Just purchased exact same car in February........great car!! I do hear that light hissing noise...not sure what it is. Alignment seems fine

• 4 years later...

Hi, I have the same exact car to help solve the steering wheel squeak I used wd40 in the crack where the wheel turns also

down where the steering column goes through the floor. I didn't use much but it did work it out. This fix lasts about 2 months.

The real fix involves a steering shaft removal and lubed. My chevy also has this problem. also hyundai has the issue also.

Hope this helps you out I know its annoying as heck.