How to Play MP3's on your standard Toyota Stereo

fidgits

Heres a little trick if you want to play MP3's on your standard Toyota stereo...

Assuming you have a CD writer, download Real player (the free one) from www.real.com and this has the option to 'burn CDs'

Simply select this, and then when you come to choosing tracks, choose MP3's off your Hard Drive..

Real will automatically convert the MP3's so they can play in on any CD player.

Just use CD-R's not RW's

:D

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Or...you could just install a real MP3 player :D I just put a Clarion ADB340MP Double Din(Fits the big hole in the dash) in my 2001 Highlander. Wiring wise it was the easiest stereo I've ever installed. It was also very easy to remove the dash and pull the old unit.

The problems I encountered were.... the new unit had a half inch or so of space on each side. I remedied this by taking a shiny black light switch wall plate and cut the sides off and slid em under the edge of the stereo face plates on each side. It actually looks very good..

The other problem is that I made a mark on the edge of the dash. The dumb dash is white underneath, so I left a little tiny white line after it all went back together. I touched it up with a black permamarker. It actually touched up pretty well...so all looks well and the stereo sounds GREAT! B)

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

It looks like the author is creating real CD's with CDAUDIO tracks, not MP3's. AS some members said, it makes sense just to get a new CD player which will play both CDAUDIO and MP3's. I believe most new players can handle both.