Rav4 locked doors while running

Silkam1

I JUST drove my 2008 Rav4 home...it is Barcelona Red and GORGEOUS....but... I am SO disappointed in one thing. My 2002 Dodge Caravan could be locked while running. So far, can't see where I can do this with the Rav4.

I show dogs and leave them in a running vehicle to run in here and there on my way to shows. I NEED to have this feature. Any ideas? I've got a show this weekend and it is going to be HOT. I would NEVER leave my dogs in a vehicle unless it was running. summer or winter...

Thought about an automatic starter???

Thank you

Silkam1

I JUST drove my 2008 Rav4 home...it is Barcelona Red and GORGEOUS....but... I am SO disappointed in one thing. My 2002 Dodge Caravan could be locked while running. So far, can't see where I can do this with the Rav4.

I show dogs and leave them in a running vehicle to run in here and there on my way to shows. I NEED to have this feature. Any ideas? I've got a show this weekend and it is going to be HOT. I would NEVER leave my dogs in a vehicle unless it was running. summer or winter...

Thought about an automatic starter???

Thank you

Silkam1

Do you have auto-up on your driver's side power window? If so, open the window, leave the car on, get out, close the door, reach in through the open window, and pull the window switch up. Take your hand out before the window hits it. Make sure you have a spare key.

The doors will NOT lock while the car is running and a door is open. It's a safety mechanism to prevent you from locking your keys in the car.

Automatic starters are nice too.