tercel problems Radio and A/C

gregR

:ph34r: I am working on a 96 tercel I recently bought. Two issues: First I bought a used radio from toms 4n parts on the internet. The radio fits and I wired it in but it has no sound. It will turn on and tune stations but no output to the speakers? Is this a bad radio or is this a theft prevention issue. The radio is out of a 97 4 runner and has a black wire that looks like a antenna lead next to the actual antenna that my old radio did not have

My second problem is the A/C it does not work. The A/C switch will not light at all when turned on. The wire from the low pressure switch is disconnected and it is not obvious where it came from. any help is appreciated

greg

:ph34r: I am working on a 96 tercel I recently bought. Two issues: First I bought a used radio from toms 4n parts on the internet. The radio fits and I wired it in but it has no sound. It will turn on and tune stations but no output to the speakers? Is this a bad radio or is this a theft prevention issue. The radio is out of a 97 4 runner and has a black wire that looks like a antenna lead next to the actual antenna that my old radio did not have

My second problem is the A/C it does not work. The A/C switch will not light at all when turned on. The wire from the low pressure switch is disconnected and it is not obvious where it came from. any help is appreciated

greg

On the radio problem: it's definitely not a theft prevention issue...you wouldn't be able to tune the stations if that were the case. Could be an amp issue; some of those radios didn't work properly without a small external factory amp.

On the radio problem: it's definitely not a theft prevention issue...you wouldn't be able to tune the stations if that were the case. Could be an amp issue; some of those radios didn't work properly without a small external factory amp.

thanks, I was trying to decide if I should return the radio or if it was a theft prevention issue

greg

• 2 weeks later...