2004 Sienna DVD screen

kef

The DVD screen in my 2004 Sienna rocks/moves forward while in the open position. My kids are constantly pushing it back in place while trying to watch DVDs. Any tips on tightening it up a bit so that it's not so loose? I guess it's worn a bit over time perhaps.

• 1 month later...

Ours does the same thing. The kids are constantly asking me to "pull the screen back" while I'm driving. I've tried attaching sticky velcro to the back of the screen and hooking that onto the headliner, but that didn't last long. I'd love to hear another solution.

• 1 month later...
Ours does the same thing. The kids are constantly asking me to "pull the screen back" while I'm driving. I've tried attaching sticky velcro to the back of the screen and hooking that onto the headliner, but that didn't last long. I'd love to hear another solution.

A bungie cord did the trick. A small one, hook it to the front of the screen, at the bottom, where the latch snaps in place when it's closed. Then put the other end on the edge of the plastic lining for the sun roof, assuming you have a sun roof. The cord I used was small, but I made it a bit smaller by putting a knot in it.

• 2 months later...

My 2004 Toyota Sienna DVD also moves toward the closed position when driving over bumpy roads. I'm currently working with the Toyota service center I took my vehicle to for this issue and get the screen replaced as there's no tension adjustment.

They seem very reluctant to replace it and said that's normal. Normal????!!!!???? I told the rep. it wasn't like that when we first purchased the vehicle. We also checked the tension of the screen in another vehicle and the screen was noticibly different in that the screen tension was much tighter.

They were quick to take my money when I purchased the platinum protection ext. warranty. I wonder if they'd refund that money nnow since my warranty claims come back as "user induced" or "normal operation" (ha, fat chance).

Why do these dealerships think that all vehicle owners are dumb when it comes to getting a vehicle serviced? I have over 20 years working on commercial aircraft and can run rings around most of their tech people. The things they tell me my vehicle needs done whenever I take the vehicle in make me cringe (long story). I could imagine what they get away with pawning off poor unsuspecting vehicle owners as far as doing unnecessary work that's not covered by a warranty!