Newbie to the site!!!!

Hello everyone, i am new to this site, i own a 2008 tacoma pre runner trd, 4.0 L V6, RWD, is stock right now, a co-worker told me that installing a small turbo on it (5-7 psi) would help on gas efficiency, is this true?, if it is, what kind and size turbo should i get, and do i need a K&N filter, also once installed can i get rid of the catalyc converter and just run a straight pipe to the muffler, and what kind of muffler should i get, your input would be much appreciated.

No, the turbo won't help for fuel efficiency. If you add the turbo and remove the cats, it might even out to where you were before the turbo, but it won't improve anything but horsepower.

Yes, if you add a turbo, you might as well run a straight pipe and add a decent intake...that would be helpful for optimal power. Won't pass emissions, and you'll kick all kinds of codes from the o2 sensor with the catalytic converter gone, but it sure would be fun!!

Check with TRD...they might have a Toyota sanctioned supercharger or turbo charger for your truck. They have them for some of the Toyota & Scion models.

No, the turbo won't help for fuel efficiency. If you add the turbo and remove the cats, it might even out to where you were before the turbo, but it won't improve anything but horsepower.

Yes, if you add a turbo, you might as well run a straight pipe and add a decent intake...that would be helpful for optimal power. Won't pass emissions, and you'll kick all kinds of codes from the o2 sensor with the catalytic converter gone, but it sure would be fun!!

Check with TRD...they might have a Toyota sanctioned supercharger or turbo charger for your truck. They have them for some of the Toyota & Scion models.

Thank you so much for your input, how about fuel efficiency with the turbo will it improve or worsen?