Center console removal advice?

Havok

Hey there,

I bought my 2000 Celica GT-S from a kid who installed a pretty good stereo. However, some of the cables behind have come loose, most notably the antenna connector. Also, one of the dash lights is out/missing, so I want to tackle both issues at once. I've seen some very fast rundowns on basic approaches to removing the center console trim, but nothing in depth (do this, do that, avoid this, etc.) It looks like someone (probably the kid) gouged parts of the dashboard pretty good trying to get the upper part out, and I'd rather NOT make his mistakes again, but don't have any experience with this sort of thing. The last radio I screwed with was in an 84 tercel wagon, which didn't require *anything* be removed to get at it! ;) And that was to install a TAPE DECK. Ooooohhhh! Aaaaaah! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Hey there,

I bought my 2000 Celica GT-S from a kid who installed a pretty good stereo. However, some of the cables behind have come loose, most notably the antenna connector. Also, one of the dash lights is out/missing, so I want to tackle both issues at once. I've seen some very fast rundowns on basic approaches to removing the center console trim, but nothing in depth (do this, do that, avoid this, etc.) It looks like someone (probably the kid) gouged parts of the dashboard pretty good trying to get the upper part out, and I'd rather NOT make his mistakes again, but don't have any experience with this sort of thing. The last radio I screwed with was in an 84 tercel wagon, which didn't require *anything* be removed to get at it! ;) And that was to install a TAPE DECK. Ooooohhhh! Aaaaaah! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Havok

Here's a link that may help you out...it's not hard, but pictures help:

http://www.celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/show...;o=&fpart=1

Here's a link that may help you out...it's not hard, but pictures help:

http://www.celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/show...;o=&fpart=1

Muy fantastico!! Just what I was looking for. From that, I can very clearly see the radio chassis, as well as why I couldn't just yank it out through the center section! (Though, it still feels loose enough to try...heh.)

Thanks!!