Drive out prices

Ramanan

Hi,

Unlike dealers of other companies, most Toyota dealers are very tough to deal with. They usually markup the prices and can be pain because they know that the car sells well.

Living in the Houston area, I was very disappointed with the dealers there. They are obnoxious. I have heard similar stories from my friends. They are worse than used car dealers. I had to go out to Alvin TX to buy my Camry Hybrid.

I was wondering if users would provide information about the prices of their Toyotas. This will enable new buyers to see at what price they should haggle with the dealers. It could be made anonymous so that no one feels embarrased for overpaying.

It could be a tabulated with the following columns.

Model

Model year

Color

State

Date of purchase

Options

Invoice

Drive out price

Dealer Information

Remarks about dealer

Please let me know what you think.

regards

Ramanan

Look at Edmunds.com True Market Value. It's an average of the prices of the vehicles sold in a particular ZIP code.

If you're trying to negotiate on a hybrid right now, you may as well forget it. Every dealer is going to make a profit, and justifiably so. It's the basic economics law of supply and demand.

Look at Edmunds.com True Market Value. It's an average of the prices of the vehicles sold in a particular ZIP code.

If you're trying to negotiate on a hybrid right now, you may as well forget it. Every dealer is going to make a profit, and justifiably so. It's the basic economics law of supply and demand.

I already bought my Camry Hybrid 2007 back in July 2007. I was able to get it for 27K with only floor mats as options. My suggestion is to create a database of all the quotes that anyone has got till now on their Toyotas which enable new buyers to bargain irrespective of the model. Edmunds gives only averages. I was able to get below the average. I current trying times where gas prices are high and economy is low even a few hundred dollars in savings will help a family in big way.