95 camery wiper motor problems

audoic

95 camery, I stored it for the winter,I didn't need it. every thing worked, now after taking it back out, when I start it or turn the key on the wipers won't shut off. I unpluged the motor a few times it did't help and then I tried taking the fuse out hoping to reset it and that didn't work. any sugestions on what it could be. switch or handle, wiper motor or relay...

Thank you Ken / audioc

95 camery, I stored it for the winter,I didn't need it. every thing worked, now after taking it back out, when I start it or turn the key on the wipers won't shut off. I unpluged the motor a few times it did't help and then I tried taking the fuse out hoping to reset it and that didn't work. any sugestions on what it could be. switch or handle, wiper motor or relay...

Thank you Ken / audioc

Ken,

I doubt it is the motor since the wipers work.

Since the vehicle was stored I would start by trying to trace the wires in question. Mice seem to love eating insulation off of wires when vehicles are stored. A simple short in the switch circuitry would cause this.

Check relay, is it stuck on or is it getting a signal telling it to stay on?

If getting a signal then you will have to trace that signal back to see if switch is faulty.

Good luck