Blue Tooth Cell phone pass-through

Onyx_z

Good Morning All,

I recently purchased a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid w/ NAV. Quite happy with it so far. Just one annoying problem I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I've tried using the built in hands free bluetooth for my cell phone, only to find out is has its own phone book, voice recognition, etc, etc. Is there a way to use the Toyota Bluetooth the SAME way my Motorola Bluetooth Earpiece works? Basically it just opens a channel to my cell phone and lets me use all the features of my cell phone to place the call. It give me access to the phone book on my cell phone, uses the excellent voice dialing and all the features of my expensive cell phone that I spent weeks getting just right. I really don't want to have to maintain 2 phone books, one on my phone and one in my car. Besides which, I'm used to the way the phone works, I don't really want to have to learn a whole new system and remember how they BOTH work depending on which i'm using at the time. Just a nice simple pass-through from my Car's bluetooth to my Cell Phone, Just like my bluetooth earpiece works.

I hope that was understandable :-) Thanks all!

Steve

I'm pretty sure there's no way to do it. The Toyota Bluetooth is a bit more complex than your Bluetooth earpiece...the earpiece is more like just an extra handset, while the Toyota Bluetooth is an entirely separate system that links only for the purpose of making calls.

You can set up speed dials (17 or 18 of them, I think) on your Toyota Bluetooth that you can dial while moving, and you can also set it up to dial with the voice commands. If all else fails, pick up your phone, hit the number, and you can still talk through the Bluetooth system.

• Like 1