Suspension Upgrade

bajantorque

Hi all

I am a new member to the club, and I am indeed honoured to have joined. I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2001 RHD NZE121 Corolla, i have not decided if I want to use a full coilovers kit or just different shocks and springs. I would be glad if u guys could offer any suggestions as to any good brands that will fit my car, and whether you recommend coilovers or performance shocks/struts and springs.

Thanks

bajantorque

Welcome to TOC!!!

RHD?!

Nice...

I can speak of the US models, but I believe KSPorts has a full coilover kit for the Corolla, I don't know if it'll fit the RHD versions though.

I would recommend coilovers as you can adjust the height and most of them allow dampening adjustments.

You can still keep your OEM setup in the garage or shed if you ever decide to go back to stock or if you ever sell the car.

Thanks for the advice so far.

I was thinking of coilovers, I have been checking k sport as well as tein, which of the two would any of you reccommend, and how does coilovers improve performance.

Thanks

Coilovers allow you to adjust the height of the drop and most allow you to adjust the dampening of the ride.

It is possible to have a smooth ride with a lowered stance.

With springs you cannot.

Between the 2 coilover brands that was mentioned, I would suggest the KSports as they allow more adjustments on the dampening & are about $300 cheaper than the TEINs, which by the way are going to increase their pricing next month.

• 1 month later...