Rear Tire won't come off

avalon2000

I was going to do a tire rotation this weekend but could not get the rear tire off. It felt like it was stuck/corroded on to the disc. The tires have 5 bolts, one needs a adaptor to unscrew. I was wondering if there was anything that I needed to do to get them off. Does anyone know why they don't come off? Thanks alot!

I was going to do a tire rotation this weekend but could not get the rear tire off. It felt like it was stuck/corroded on to the disc. The tires have 5 bolts, one needs a adaptor to unscrew. I was wondering if there was anything that I needed to do to get them off. Does anyone know why they don't come off? Thanks alot!

With all five lug nuts removed it sounds like the rim has corroded to the pilot hub. Aluminum alloy or Magnesium alloy rims are really hard to get off if they have not been removed for a while. Road salt really aggravates this problem. Try spraying some good penetrating oil on the pilot hub.

Let it soak in and then put your hands at the 3 & 9 o'clock positions and try to rock the wheel back and forth. NOTE: Make sure the vehicle is securley supported before rocking to much. If you can safely rotate the wheel, turn it 90 degreea and try rocking again.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

actually sometimes you gotta pound it with a hammer to get it off the hub. we having this problem quite often at our dealership. you gotta puond the tire form the inside side few times, the turn the tire and puond a few times there. It should come off at some time. Just don't hit the rim, only hit the tire. It's better to put some kind of plank or some kind of other piece of wood on a tire, cuz sharp edges of a hammer can damage a tire