From a new member

Hi All!

I have just purchased my first Toyota, although I have been coveting this particular car since the former owner brought it home from the showroom... It is a 2004 Camry LE with an awesome white metallic paint job and a black OEM Toyota full-nose bra.

I am looking for a clip for the bra, as the driver's side fender clip is missing. Having had my own business as a tailor/seamstress for over twenty years, I'm pretty sure I can affix it myself... ;)

The car is my first after twenty years of trucks/SUV's, and I am pretty pleased with myself for pampering myself with this sweetheart. I have always heard that the Camry's were wonderful cars, and if the past two days are any indication, this promises to be a love affair for the next several years.

In the meantime, I will check this forum regularly, and, if anyone can tell me where to find just a fender clip for the bra, I surely would appreciate it!

Scooter

Congratulations on your new car! Sounds beautiful!

Some words of advice on the bra: always remove it for car washes, after rain storms, etc., as dirt can get washed in and trapped underneath and scratch the paint.

Welcome!

For the fender clip, you can go to the dealer OR go to your local auto parts store and search for one of those clips.

If you really want to be cost effective but still have that OEM fit, try your local junkyard for Camry's in that model year and you might get lucky.

Welcome!

For the fender clip, you can go to the dealer OR go to your local auto parts store and search for one of those clips.

If you really want to be cost effective but still have that OEM fit, try your local junkyard for Camry's in that model year and you might get lucky.

Yep. Tried all those options. Our local Toyota dealer isn't known for its friendly personnel...

No luck at any of the junkyards, either...BUT - I found a new OEM Toyota bra on ebay (folks bought it, took it out, put it on, didn't like the looks, took it back off and put it back in the box.) for little more than what the dealer would have taken me for. So I am happy enough. Would like to think about taking the bra off, but it has been on for four years, so the paint has faded, I'm sure, and where the bra attaches the black has rubbed into the finish. I don't really mind its looks - and it does make it easier to find in a parking lot!

Thanks for your reply..........

Scooter

Yep. Tried all those options. Our local Toyota dealer isn't known for its friendly personnel...

No luck at any of the junkyards, either...BUT - I found a new OEM Toyota bra on ebay (folks bought it, took it out, put it on, didn't like the looks, took it back off and put it back in the box.) for little more than what the dealer would have taken me for. So I am happy enough. Would like to think about taking the bra off, but it has been on for four years, so the paint has faded, I'm sure, and where the bra attaches the black has rubbed into the finish. I don't really mind its looks - and it does make it easier to find in a parking lot!

Thanks for your reply..........

Scooter

No problem, glad you got what you needed.

If the Toyota dealer you go to sucks, there are always other dealerships willing to help.

Just need to find where they are.

Not all dealerships are "stealerships".